Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bush :"I Didn't Compromise my Soul to be a Popular Guy...". WTF?!!



From Digg / Breitbart.

Bush says he didn't compromise soul to be popular


WASHINGTON (AP) - President George W. Bush knows he's unpopular. But here's what matters, he says: "I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy." In a wide-ranging interview with Fox News Channel, Bush also praised the national security team assembled by President-elect Barack Obama, offered hope to U.S. automakers seeking government assistance and said the people of Illinois will have to sort out allegations that Gov. Rod Blagojevich sought kickbacks in choosing a successor for Obama's Senate seat.

Bush said presidents fail when they make decisions based on opinion polls.

"Look, everybody likes to be popular," said Bush.

"What do you expect? We've got a major economic problem and I'm the president during the major economic problem. I mean, do people approve of the economy? No. I don't approve of the economy. ... I've been a wartime president. I've dealt with two economic recessions now. I've had, hell, a lot of serious challenges. What matters to me is I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy."

An Associated Press-GFK poll last week showed just 28 percent of the public approving of the job Bush is doing, about where he has been all fall. Among Republicans, 54 percent approve, a low figure from members of a president's own political party.

28% STILL like this guy?

He "DEALT" with the recession?

He is a "War President"? Whose freaking bad idea was that?

And what "soul" ? He's probably going to sell the flag he has under his arm to the highest bidder, with everything else that is not bolted down in the White House right now.

And, for God's sake, how many times did he give us the finger already?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment