Saturday, November 8, 2008

Under a Certain Star...



"My apologies to chance for calling it necessity.
My apologies to necessity in case I'm mistaken.
Don't be angry, happiness, that I take you for my own.
May the dead forgive me that their memory's but a flicker.
My apologies to time for the quantity of world overlooked per second.
My apologies to an old love for treating a new one as the first."
Wislawa Szymborska - Under a Certain Little Star


Well, look who's blogging!

I am sure I am not the only one, but since the election I AM STOKED. I cried at Clinton's election too but this is different. It has a certain "last chance" feel. The conditions are optimal for liberal minds to create a better world for all the citizen of this nation. The people are ready for healthcare, contrary to Clinton's post-election time. They know it is not a "communist plot" to share the cost of one of the most expensive item on a budget list. They are less gullible to Repugs arguments since neocon supposed set of "value" created a mess of unbelievable proportion. They are more then ready to end the wars...

We need to scream it from the top of our lungs, if not now, then when??? A special shout-out to Pelosi with her cautious "I believe everything that any Republican idiots tell me" attitude. The Clinton first 100 days debacle won't happen here and now. Clinton did NOT prepare the nation, as Obama did for his program. Obama's web-site Change.gov puts out in very clear terms why HE was elected and what he is prepared to do. Now, if his own Speaker of the House do NOT back him up, who will???

I was a big advocate for Rahm as CoS because this "Ooh, we scared!" apologetic liberal mindset is not what we need now. Repugs call Emanuel "Rahmbo"? I say this is a good sign, a very good sign. Have you ever heard used anything but a female part of the anatomy as a description for a Dem before?? They have to know we mean business and the government is not their personnal plaything anymore.

This blog is to stop annoying the Huggpost with my everyday presence and to give me more space to elaborate my opinion, in all humility. I do believe as Chomsky said that maybe we were "given" the right to have a Left wing president this time, because businesses themselves have a certain agenda to pass. Even if this dispirited disgusting idea is true, I think the only thing that could defeat it is our voice. I think Obama called on us to become active and participate because only active citizen participation can wrestle the rein of power back in the hand of the people.

Already the Rovian pitbulls, with lipstick or not, are trying to define and shape Obama's presidency and his scope of action even before the inauguration. All the BS about being a center-right country, about neoliberal creed of bailout to the market as being the only solution, of robbing the state blind with excess while touting being a proponent of "small government"!!! All the spin is to rob us of our president and our voice. Because "That One" is our President. And we, all of us, must protect him from the insane greed of the rightwing nuts.

So here I am, in from the cold, fighting against the ideological coup d'etat that the neobots are trying to force on us ONCE MORE. Repugs are wounded but not defeated. They are actually more dangerous than ever, as a savage beast is when wounded. The will try their usual tactic of co-opting every good soundbite and projecting onto us every sin and incompetence. They will still create echo-chamber effect for their vision, repeating ad finitum the same false assumption until it will be seen as truth. It will all be done again because it work. They will champion an airhead puppet as representative of Real America but now they will try to give it an historical importance. So the fight is laid out for us. What will we do? I know what I'll do. I WILL BLOG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment